วันพุธที่ 28 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

What To Do To Lose Weight And Keep It Off

Tell me what to do to lose weight, my wife cried in desperation, struggling to fit into a pair of jeans only two months old. And although she isn't particularly overweight, it wasn't the first time I'd heard her say that. So, that's why I wrote this article. I figured a short 5-tips guide of commonsense steps might help others to know what to do to lose weight (not to mention myself with my ever-expanding waistline). Anyway, here they are...

1. To lose weight you need to burn off more calories each day than you take in. Easy to say, but... Start by setting a realistic goal. Losing at least one single pound each week (and keeping it off) is sensible, and achievable. One way to do this is to eat about 500 calories less each day than you do now, and exercise more each day than you do now.

2. Exercise burns off calories. It also will compensate for the slowed down metabolism that results from eating less, which you hopefull will do. Exercise doesn't have to be a workout at the gym, or jogging in the park, or lifting weights. Exercise can be a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes. That's a soap episode missed and the start of a new life gained. Would you prefer the opposite? Really?

3. Knowing what to do to lose weight means eating healthily. Eat less of the fatty foods and the chocolates and sweets. Eat more vegetables and fruit and whole grains. Don't snack between meals -- you don't need to! And don't spend all day thinking about food either.

4. Drink water. Yes, water is very good for you. If you drink a large glass of water before each meal, then drink another during the meal, and even another after the meal, you will find yourself eating less, because you will feel full up before you eat. This is simple and extremely inexpensive!

5. Really want to lose those pounds! Is that too obvious? I recall when I decided to stop smoking all those years ago. I simply stopped one day -- just like that! I didn't have a moment of difficulty, and I've never regretted it. How did I do it? I really wanted to stop. It really is that simple. I didn't decide to stop smoking in a wishy-washy kind of way. That won't work. I was determined, so I did it. And that's what to do to lose weight too -- really mean it with everything you've got!

So, if my wife ever again cries out, Tell me what to do to lose weight, I'll point her to this little article. It may not be the best ever guide on the subject, but it will work, if you let it. So, what are you going to do now? Are you going to give it a try? You might surprise yourself at what you can achieve...

Did you find these tips useful? You can get the free 12-part mini-course, Big Fat Lies, and learn a lot more about what to do to lose weight from this resource, http://www.3minuteguides.com/loseweight.html

John Coutts is an experienced author who researches and writes on a variety of popular subjects.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น